As true Californians trying to squeeze the very last drop of Summer, we asked Matt Richardson, aka Seabrigade, to curate a playlist for our readers to ease them into the next season. A ‘Venetian’ settled near the Pacific Ocean and close to the Installation office, Matt’s world is an evolving sonic landscape. Discover the picks below and enjoy!
1. Summertime, The Zombies on Reunion 45
Our summer is as old and over as The Zombies but that organ and that voice will help us bask in the memories.
2. Sunseekers, Coke Weed on Back to Soft
Remember when we were all sun seekers (a week ago)? This song off Coke Weed’s newest album Back to Soft will jog your memory.
3. You Took Your Time (feat. King Krule), Mount Kimbie on Cold Spring Fault Less Youth
This doesn’t have anything to do with summer, I just love this song and both Mount Kimbie and King Krule.
4. Minotaur, Thee Oh Sees on Floating Coffin
You can’t discuss summer and sun without including these guys. And while I wrote that last sentence they probably put out about 5 new albums.
5. Hielo En Vez De Amor, Los Salvajes on Los Nuggetz – 1960’s Punk, Pop and Psychedelic Music from Latin America
How do you say summer? I’ve no idea (El Summer?), but this timeless track off the stellar Loz Nuggetz – 60’s Punk, Pop and Psychedelic from Latin America transcends my language barriers.
6. Gimme Some Annihilation, Crocodiles on Crimes of Passion
My own, personal album of last summer.
7. Star Crawl, Crystal Stilts on Nature Noir
The Brooklynites’ newest is all the things you’ve liked about them in the past.
on Howl on the Haunted Beast You Ride
This might sound old but it’s from 2007! So yes, it’s old.
9. Nobody Can Live Forever, Tim Maia on World Psychedelic Classics 4: Nobody Can Live Forever
Help make some sense in your life with Brazil’s master of pyschedelia.
10. Mad Dog, The Black Lips on Arabia Mountain
I dare you not to move your hips.
11. Only For You, Heartless Bastards on Arrow